A license may be returned when a server is replaced or when a user leaves a company and a named-user license is reassigned to another employee.
Another common reason to return a license is in the event of the license being generated with incorrect details. In this event the incorrect license should be returned, and then re-generated with the details corrected.
By returning a license in FNOC you are committing to no longer using the license as per the terms of your license agreement.
There is a limit on the number of times a license can be returned. If you exceed this limit, please contact support.
Follow these steps to return a license.
- Log on to the FlexNet Operations portal. See How to use the FlexNet Operations portal.
- Select from the top menu bar License Support, List Licenses. This will display a list of your available licenses in use.
- Select the tick box at the left of the license line, then select Action, Return.
- This opens the Return Licenses page, where you can check the details of the license to confirm it is the correct one. Click on the Return button to return the license.
- A message will be displayed at the top of the License Activation page, and the license will no longer be listed.
- This completes the steps to return a license.