This guide applies to when you need to upgrade your license to a newer major version of the same product or a different product.
Follow these steps to upgrade a license.
- Log on to the FNOC portal. See How to use the FlexNet Operations portal.
- Select License Support > List Licenses.
- On the List Licenses page select the check box of the license you wish to upgrade, then select the Action > Upgrade dropdown menu item.
- This takes you to the Upgrade Fulfilment page. On this page you must select the check box of the product version you want to upgrade to, then click the Next button.
- Now you will see a page with details of the product and version you are upgrading to, and the license details that will be carried forward.
After you have confirmed that the details are correct, click the Generate upgrade license button to generate the upgraded license.
- The next page shows a summary of the new license details. Click the Complete button to complete the upgrade and return to the List Licenses page.
- You can now download the upgraded license file. To download the license file first select the license line check box.
- With a single checkbox selected, select the View > Save To File dropdown menu item.
- This will download the upgraded license file. Now you can proceed to How to configure Server and Named User licensing.